ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric Fetzer <elstonk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Merge base settings with environment specific ones
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 14:23:26 GMT
I'm very new to Ant, but it seems like the <mapper> task combined with something else
might be what you're looking for.  Can someone else that has experience with <mapper>
chime in?

________________________________
From: nagish <jiang.lin@citi.com>
To: user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 2:51:11 PM
Subject: Re: Merge base settings with environment specific ones

Yes, merging or concatenating two files together is non-issue if you
explicitly tell the Ant script what files to merge. But remember the Ant
build script is expected to be used for building anything that follows the
same convention. What this means is that the Ant script can not hardcode the
setting file names in it as they are unknown at the time of writing the Ant
script.

As I said earlier,  the thing that I'm not sure how to do with Ant is that
once the Ant script gets a set of base setting files, i.e. those that don't
have environment tag embedded in their names, how it can iterate through the
set to pair each base file with the corresponding environment specific one,
i.e. "a.properties" with "a.dev.properties", "b.properties" with
"b.dev.properties", ... etc, so that each pair of files can be merged
together to form a new setting file to be packaged into the application that
is being built...