ant-user mailing list archives

From Quanah Gibson-Mount <>
Subject Re: Apache-Ant and Fedora 10
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 17:14:31 GMT
--On Friday, May 29, 2009 8:26 AM +0100 Andy Stevens
<> wrote:

>> [build@build-f10 advanced]$ ls -l ss_btn*
>> -r--r--r-- 1 build build 234 2009-04-16 15:24
>> ss_btn_aÌ÷oÌAEÌgEÌsEÌbEÌN.gif
> Don't know about Fedora specifically, but "funny" characters being
> replaced by question marks can be a sign of characters not being
> supported by the character set encoding.  Is the locale set up for
> UTF8 on your Fedora box? (check the LC_* environment variables)

Hi Andy, thanks for the thoughts!

There's no LC_* settings because LANG is set.  LANG is en_US.UTF-8, which
matches my other build systems.

Fedora 10:

> Another thought - which java/jre versions are installed on your
> different boxes, english (US) or international?

The same version of java is installed on all the boxes.  I.e., I download a
specific version from Sun (32 and 64-bit versions), and then extract that
version onto each of the hosts.  Since this version works on all the other
hosts, I don't see that it's java related.

Any other thoughts on what might be triggering this?

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc

To unsubscribe, e-mail: