ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Optional Jars
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:25:02 GMT
On 2009-04-09, Gavin <gavin@16degrees.com.au> wrote:

> Great, thanks. My main problem stemmed from the fact I did an 'apt-get
> install ant' on the Ubuntu machines, thinking it would be a complete
> installation. In fact doing it this way and I did not get *any* jars
> whatsoever (in /usr/share/ant/lib), those you saw in my output above were a
> result of me finding and adding them manually. Also you don't get the docs
> or other directories.

No idea who has created the Ubuntu packages for Ant, they never asked
the Ant community for advice.  In general the Ant developers recommend
to use the official Ant distributions instead of whatever is part of
the Linux package siyste, of your choice.

Some distributions are also known for modifying the Ant bash wrapper
script leading to problems that are hard to track down for us.

Stefan