ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Ant task to pre-compile JSPs
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 06:36:40 GMT
>What is the Ant task to pre-compile JSPs into class/java
>files?  I'm using Ant 1.6, WebLogic 9.2.2 with Java 1.5.

This is an often asked question, so I added a FAQ entry
http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#precompile-jsps

"Ant has a built in optional task <jspc>  which was intended for that.
But this task is deprecated.  Here the alternative suggested by the
manual:

Instead of relying on container specific JSP-compilers we suggest
deploying the raw files (*.jsp) and use the container build-in
functions: after deploying run a test suite (e.g. with Cactus or
HttpUnit) against the deployed web application. So you'll get then test
result and the compiled JSPs."

Jan

p.s.
The website need a little bit time for being updated.