ant-user mailing list archives

From Dylan Farre <dylan.fa...@gmail.com>
Subject Input Handler that will echo default if user hits enter
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 12:49:31 GMT
I have written a small installer tool using Ant.

One small problem that I have is related to the input task. I want a Input
Handler that will echo default if user hits enter but not if user types in a
value (even if the value is the same as the default) and then hits enter. Of
course, I can just echo the value that the user entered, but this does it in
both cases (enter and typing), I only want the value echoed if the user hit
enter, to select the default value.

Does such an input Handler exist? Or is there a way of configuring an input
handler to do this. I would prefer not to have to implement this in Java.

Another question that I have is, is there a way to configure the
SecureInputHandler to output a space or an asterisk (or some other
character), for each character that the user enters?

Thanks