ant-user mailing list archives

From supareno <reno.rkc...@free.fr>
Subject Re: How to access value of propertyfile command line inside script
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 19:56:32 GMT
goelshek,

you can use this:

which in your case will produce

ant -Duser.property.file=foo.properties test

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project name="testProps" default="test" basedir=".">
    <property file="${user.property.file}"/>
    <target name="test">
       <echo>property file name: ${user.property.file}</echo>
    </target>
</project>

if in your properties file you define some properties
e.g.
prop1=foo
prop2=bar

then, you can access them in ant with
${prop1}
$[prop2}

your new target will look like this:
[...]
    <target name="test">
       <echo>property file name: ${user.property.file}</echo>
       <echo>${prop1} and ${prop2}</echo>
    </target>
[..]

hope this help