ant-user mailing list archives

From Shylendran C <>
Subject Help... how to get a value from Java and pass it to another Target in ANT
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 06:38:15 GMT
Hi All,
Could you please help on this problem???

My requirement is
In my Java file, I have a method and it will return a value as String. I
have to get it from ANT script (build.xml) and after that I want to pass
this to another <target>

*See below code - build.xml*

    <target name="htmlCreation" depends="jar">
        <java jar="${jar.dir}/HtmlCreation.jar" fork="true"/>

    <target name="main" depends="htmlCreation">
        <exec executable="${browser}" spawn="true">
        <arg value="HOW TO GET IT FROM JAVA"/>

Thanks & Regards