ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Stark <sst...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Problem with using the property task
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:32:03 GMT

I'm trying to import a set of properties from a property file into my build
when using the <ant> call. My property file looks something like this:

<project name="scenario_properties" basedir=".">
        <property name="component" value="vti"/>
</project>

My build file contains this target:

 <target name="all">
 <ant antfile="buildfile.xml" target="build-all-test" output="vti-all.log">
  <property resource="properties_files\vti-new.properties"/>
 </ant>
 </target>

The <antfile> that it's calling (buildfile.xml) contains this target:.

 <target name="build-all-test">
  <echo>component name is ${component}</echo>
 </target>

But the output of the above target build is simply:

build-all-test:
     [echo] component name is ${component}

Why is the component property not getting passed to my antfile? I've also
tried a properties file with the "component=vti" syntax and get the same
result.

Thank you,
Scott