ant-user mailing list archives

From "John Martin" <jmar...@transitionaldata.com>
Subject RE: Declare few projects on a build.xml
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 13:13:12 GMT
I would suggest that you take a look at Gant http://gant.codehaus.org/ which allows for much
more dynamic coding of Ant processes.  This way you might be able to get away with just a
few Ant builds that are based on configurations.  In addition you will have direct access
to Groovy which is a great language to write the scripts needed for deployment, etc.

John Martin
Principal Consultant
TransitionalData Services, Inc.
92 South Street
Hopkinton, MA  01748
http://www.transitionaldata.com

-----Original Message-----
From: A A [mailto:masvalesoloque@yahoo.es]
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 7:51 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Declare few projects on a build.xml

Hello, to all the users from the list, it´s my first mail, and sorry for my poor english.
Im starting to test ant, and building a script to automatized the deploys of my aplications,
cause before i used to manual wget commands or autodeploys.

The problem is I have a more than 30 aplications and 3 diferentes enviroments for each aplications,
so it woulb be like create 90 build.xml with the projects information.

Are there any posibility to simplifiy the project and build.xml properties declare?. It posible
to create more than 1 project in a build.xml? Or all projects in the same build.xml

Thanks to all.