ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: incremental compilation
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 06:06:19 GMT
It depends on what you think of "incremental compilation".
- differences in the number of files are compiled
- differences inside files are not recognized: the whole file will be recompiled.

But these is not Ant specific - this is based on the underlying compiler, usually the one
from the JDK.
IMHO the Eclipse compiler could work in the 2nd "incremental manner". But I havent tried to
plugin in that compiler into Ant. This should be possible using <javac fork="" executable=""/>.

Patches for extending the compiler list used for
  <property name="eclipse.home" value="..."/>
  <javac compiler="eclipse"/>
are welcome ;)

Jan