ant-user mailing list archives

From Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malo...@knipp.de>
Subject Ant & patching XML files
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 09:00:05 GMT

Hi all,

I am looking for a method to manipulate XML files from Ant, i.e. adding/removing
elements, changing attributes or elements' contents, far simpler than the
capabilities of XSL/T. I have found the XmlTask ([1], [2]) and this seems to be
quite flexible. However, as part of a configuration management, I would prefer
to keep the "delta" files outside of the Ant script (maybe in the format of RFC
5261), and this task does not seem to support that. Before choosing XmlTask I
just want to ask whether there are any other known tasks that would allow
external delta files. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Klaus

[1] http://ant.apache.org/external.html#XmlTask
[2] http://www.oopsconsultancy.com/software/xmltask/