ant-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject zip/tar and file permissions
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 19:14:05 GMT
I am trying to zip or tar up some files in a platform independent way but retain file permissions
if on unix.  I thought I found the answer when I saw that both zipfileset and tarfileset support
the filemode attribute.  However, I quickly discovered that this allows the file permissions
to be set to some hardcoded value for all files.  I want whatever the file permissions are
on the filesystem to be retained in the zip or tar so I can't hardcode them all to one value.
 Each file may be different.  It would seem that a better default for filemode would be "retain"
and not "644".  Is it possible to do what I want without resorting to the exec task and just
executing tar directly and then hoping that any windows machine has MKS toolkit installed
so that tar exists?

---
Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.