ant-user mailing list archives

From Francis Galiegue <...@one2team.com>
Subject Re: "Expanding" XML attributes with ant 1.6.5
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 07:48:21 GMT
Le mardi 17 mars 2009, Scot P. Floess a écrit :

> Sorry, I am still a little confused...
>
> Are you defing some XML that contains what want to call and using this as
> seed data in the transform to generate the Ant script?
>
> Honestly, I'm not understanding...sorry :(
>
> If you are using it as seed data...can you simply define a macrodef who
> has an <element> element you can use to replace inline?

Well, I want to turn this:

<dist>
	<include name="mod1"/>
	<include name="mod2"/>
	<!-- etc -->
</dist>

into this (note that the order of modules is preserved):

<target name="t1">
	<ant antfile="file1.xml">
		<property name="module" value="mod1"/>
	</ant>
	<ant antfile="file1.xml">
		<property name="module" value="mod2"/>
	</ant>
	<!-- etc -->
</target>
<target name="t2" depends="t1">
	<ant antfile="file2.xml">
		<property name="module" value="mod1"/>
	</ant>
	<ant antfile="file2.xml">
		<property name="module" value="mod2"/>
	</ant>
</target>

where file1.xml, file2.xml are ant build files all requiring the module to be
defined to operate.

The stylesheet fills the bill for now, but I'd rather not use a stylesheet at
all.

--
Francis Galiegue
ONE2TEAM