ant-user mailing list archives

From Francis Galiegue <...@one2team.com>
Subject Re: "Expanding" XML attributes with ant 1.6.5
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 20:32:33 GMT
On mardi 17 mars 2009 17:37:05 Scot P. Floess wrote:
> Sorry, I am a little confused...  If I understand you, you define the
> includes as attributes and use XSLT to generate what type of Ant file?

An ant file that calls others. The task is :

<target name="genbuild" depends="init">
        <xslt force="yes" style="real-build.xsl" in="dist.xml"
                out="real-build.xml"/>
</target>

Here's an extract from the stylesheet:

----
<target name="download" unless="nocvs">
   <xsl:for-each select="dist/module">
       <xsl:variable name="module" select="@name"/>
       <ant antfile="step2-download.xml">
           <property name="module">
               <xsl:attribute name="value">
                   <xsl:value-of select="$module"/>
               </xsl:attribute>
           </property>
       </ant>
   </xsl:for-each>
</target>
----

But I'd rather not use an XSL stylesheet at all. I really, really hate XSL.
Unfortunately, I don't see any other way to do it for now.

--
Francis Galiegue
ONE2TEAM