ant-user mailing list archives

From Francis Galiegue <>
Subject "Expanding" XML attributes with ant 1.6.5
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 16:15:30 GMT

I have a file named dist.xml which looks like:

	<include name="mod1"/>
	<include name="mod2"/>
	<!-- and so on -->

What I need to do is call an ant file (well, several, but once I know for one,
I can expand for all) with each name attributes of the include tags as a
property. What's more, I need to call them in order (mod1 before mod2

Right now, I use the xslt task and a stylesheet to build another ant file that
I call. It works, but I think this is overkill (and I hate XSL - meh).

I couldn't get the <xmlproperty> task to do what I want and, AFAICS, it just
cannot do that. I use ant 1.6.5 and cannot just yet use ant 1.7+. Do you know
of another way of doing what I want _without_ using an XSL stylesheet?

Have fun,
Francis Galiegue
Ingénieur système
Mob : +33 (0) 6 83 87 78 75