ant-user mailing list archives

From "Knuplesch, Juergen" <>
Subject AW: Developing in Java with ANT
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 08:09:07 GMT

If you read the ant.bat file you see

"%_JAVACMD%" %ANT_OPTS% -classpath "%ANT_HOME%\lib\ant-launcher.jar" "-Dant.home=%ANT_HOME%" %ANT_ARGS% -cp "%CLASSPATH%" %ANT_CMD_LINE_ARGS%

Therefore "" out of "ant-launcher.jar" is the Java class
Ant starts with.
So you need all the used ANT-Jars on your classpath and call the main method of this class
or do yourself, what the main method does.

Jürgen Knuplesch
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: David Nemer []
Gesendet: Montag, 16. März 2009 22:04
Betreff: Developing in Java with ANT

Hello Everyone,

I'm really new to Ant, and I need some help, my task is to code in JAVA a program to checkout
a version of a open source project, compile it and run the test script which is in ANT.

I'm working on the Ant-Doxygen Project (but it could be any project).

I'm already successful with coding the "checkout a version of a repository"

In Ant-Doxygen project, they already have an XML file to build the project.
So once I have checked out the Project, all I need to do I to run ant to build the project.
But, how can I code a way to run Ant to build this project? ( I need to code that in Java...
I can't just go to my command line and run Ant.)

Thank you so much in advance
David Nemer

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: