ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: exec and the input hanging problem
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 10:34:20 GMT
On 2009-02-03, John Mazzitelli <mazzgolf@comcast.net> wrote:

> I can't seem to get the workaround of using inputstring to work. I can
> replicate this bug, even when using inputstring="", on both Ant 1.6.5
> and Ant 1.7.1 - and I've seen this on both solaris and linux.

Because this time it is the output, not the input 8-(

If you change your runjava.sh to

java Test 60000 > /dev/null &

it will return immediately.

If you really want to spawn a process and forget about it (ignore its
input and output), use the spawn attribute of exec.  If OTOH you
really need th output, there is nothing you can do except waiting for
the forked process to finish.

Stefan