ant-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a login "wait for password" target/task?
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:24:26 GMT
Sorry for picking this up  late. Exactly what are you doing?

Ant has optional Perforce tasks, and these tasks use the globalopts
setting, so you can pass a password though that.

<http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/perforce.html>

Can you use these to do what you want?

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Scott Stark <sstark@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I noticed the <telnet> task automates a remote telnet session, using <read>
> and <write> to indicate strings to wait for and specify text to send.
>
> Is there any more generic task that can do this? I'm trying to access a
> remote db system that prompts for a password. (Actually it's Perforce, but
> I didn't see any perforce targets that can do logins.)
>
> thanks,
> Scott

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com