ant-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reading a property from a file
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:10:47 GMT
What about <property file="Property_File_Name"/> ?

What I normally do is something like this:

<property name="property.file"
value="${basedir}/default_property_file_name.properties"/>
<property file=${property.file}"/>

That way, I can put the property file name on the command line, or
read in the default property file if it exists.

You can also override any property setting in your build.xml by simply
placing it on the command line:

So do this:

   <target name="gen-web-svc-client-jar">
                   <property name="provisioning.service.wsdl.file"
                          name="${basedir}/wsdl_files/ProvisioningService.wsdl
                   <clientgen
                                   wsdl="${provisioning.service.wsdl.file}"

destFile="${deployment}/APP-INF/lib/ProvisioningServiceClient.jar"

packageName="com.myco.nps.regui.provisioning.client"
                                   serviceName="ProvisioningService"

Then you can do this on the command line:

$ ant -Dprovisioning.service.wsdl.file=http://99.99.99.99:9999/ProvisioningAccountService/ProvisioningAccountService?WSDL

The <property> task that sets provisioning.service.wsdl.file will be
overridden by the command line setting.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 12:17 PM,  <dave.alvarado@remanresource.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm uisng Ant 1.6.  I have this target ...
>
>    <target name="gen-web-svc-client-jar">
>                    <clientgen
>                                    wsdl="${basedir}/wsdl_files/ProvisioningService.wsdl"
>                                    destFile="${deployment}/APP-INF/lib/ProvisioningServiceClient.jar"
>                                    packageName="com.myco.nps.regui.provisioning.client"
>                                    serviceName="ProvisioningService"
>                    classpath="${java.class.path}"
>                    >
>                        <classpath>
>                            <path refid="project.class.path" />
>                        </classpath>
>                    </clientgen>
>    </target>
>
> For the property, 'wsdl="${basedir}/wsdl_files/ProvisioningService.wsdl"', I would prefer
to read this property out of a properties file I have, which has the line ...

> PROVISIONING_SERVICE_WSDL_URL=http://99.99.99.99:9999/ProvisioningAccountService/ProvisioningAccountService?WSDL
>

> How can I tell ant to get the value from there?
>
> Thanks,  - Dave

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com