ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Classpath Wildcards
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 06:02:25 GMT
>I'm trying to use Java's Classpath wildcards to limit the cmd length on
>forked java calls.
>
>   <pathelement path="${srclib}/wnc/*"/>

That's not a Java wildcard, it's an Ant wildcard.
Because <pathelement> is an Ant construct and Java wildcard can only be
used from the command line.

>But, Ant is throwing it out.
>  dropping L:\Windchill\srclib\wnc\* from path as it doesn't exist
>       [java] Executing 'D:\programs\jdk1.6.0_10\jre\bin\java.exe' with
arguments:
>Is there any way to do this?

Ant doesnt pass all found classfiles to the program - it sets up a
classloader. Therefore
it can handle large numbers of files itself.

So use an Ant wildcard:
  <pathelement path="${srclib}/wnc/**"/>
(add one star ;)

   '*'   every file in the directory
   '**'  every file somewhere under the directory

Jan