ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rinehart, Raleigh" <>
Subject RE: rexec task failed with error "can't connect to..."
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:43:24 GMT

You need to have and rexec service installed on your windows machine in order for this to

There are a few available for windows, cygwin has one, and there is one here (untested by

An alternative is to use sshexec, this are requires a ssh service (daemon) on windows, however
there a plenty to choose from.

On a side note, rexec is very insecure, all the cmd info is sent in plain text, including
user name and password.

Hope this helps,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: