ant-user mailing list archives

From Dave <davidcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Delete task should be failing for UNC path that does not exist
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:57:25 GMT
According to the Ant Manual,
In relation to the quiet attribute of the delete task..

"If the specified file or directory does not exist, do not display a
diagnostic message (unless Ant has been invoked with the -verbose or
-debugswitches) or modify the exit status to reflect an error. When
set to "true",
if a file or directory cannot be deleted, no error is reported. This setting
emulates the -f option to the Unix *rm* command. Setting this to "true"
implies setting failonerror to "false". "

Going by the first line of this, Ant should fail if the specified file or
directory does not exist, no?