ant-user mailing list archives

From meher03 <mehe...@hotmail.com>
Subject Ant version for linux
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:19:14 GMT

Hi all,

Qs: Will Ant 1.7.1 binary downloaded from the Apache ant website work on
linux box.

I did a uname -a on the linux box to get its info

Linux dalesb 2.6.9-78.ELxenU #1 SMP Wed Jul 9 16:21:57 EDT 2008 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The reason I am asking is because, i installed ant in the linux box in
/app/ant

Then cd to /app/ant/bin and ran the command ./ant -version

The following is the output :
dalesbdev03::/app/ant/bin-> ./ant -version
java version "1.4.2"
gcj (GCC) 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-10)

The above does not show which version of ant is running ... Is the above
output correct .. Am i supposed to be seeing something else or something
more which would gib=ve me the version on ant that is running ..

Please help

Thank YOu