ant-user mailing list archives

From Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>
Subject Re: Is there a login "wait for password" target/task?
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:01:49 GMT

> I noticed the <telnet> task automates a remote telnet session, using
> <read>
> and <write> to indicate strings to wait for and specify text to send.
>
> Is there any more generic task that can do this? I'm trying to
> access a
> remote db system that prompts for a password. (Actually it's
> Perforce, but
> I didn't see any perforce targets that can do logins.)

Since most systems have their own protocols and authentication
mechanisms, you might need to to find a specific task for Perforce.
I'm not sure how Perforce does its remote communication, but if it
uses HTTP like SubVersion, you can use the http tasks/types. However,
you might run into some issues with authentication with those base
tasks/types. I had to write my own tasks/types because of
authentication issues.

-bp