ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.7.1 issue
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:18:34 GMT
On 2009-01-21, pmken <pyakym@ukr.net> wrote:

> The issue is that when i run my "install" task the build stops at execution
> of “_XXX” task and waits until the enter key is pressed. The task executes
> sql statement.
> The issue seems to be in version of ant, since with ant 1.6.2 the build
> works well and with ant 1.7.1 it stops at execution of the sql task.

Ant has added input handling after 1.6.2, so I assume there is some
thread trying to read input.  See
<http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#input-makes-exec-hang>

> Moreover it only stops when the sql task is executed through java using
> ant_launcher class, but when sql is executed directly in ant it works well.

I'm not sure what "through java using ant_launcher" means, but if it
means you have a <java> task with fork="true" that invokes Ant, then
you most certainly have run into the FAQ issue.

Try to give the <java> task an inputstring="" to see whether it makes
the problem go away.

Stefan