ant-user mailing list archives

From "robert lazarski" <robertlazar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't find tools.jar when invoking ant programatically
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 20:21:58 GMT
On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Scot P. Floess <sfloess@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> If you type javac at the command line, what do you see?

 /root> javac
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
where possible options include:

Something screwy is going on, the error:

ERROR: /programs/atadapter/oa/openAdapter/ati.build.xml:47: Unable to
find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK.
It is currently set to "/usr/local/jdk1.6.0_11/jre"

Shows that its appending "jre" tgo JAVA_HOME for some reason. I'm
invoking ant via code, and I added a java.home property, put tools.jar
on the classpath, all in both java and in the build.xml and nothing is
working.

- R