ant-user mailing list archives

From "Haiqi Wei" <haiqi...@gmail.com>
Subject union, fileset and war <lib>
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 18:17:23 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have a questions regarding the <lib> tag of the
<war> task.

I have a union of filesets which includes all the jars required for the
war. I am able to refer this union in compile path like this:

       <path id="compile.classpath">
             <union refid="required.jars" />
       </path>

I want to do the same thing when build the war, but unfortunately,
the <lib> tag of <war> task takes only fileset or zipfileset like:
       <lib refid="someIdOfFileset"/>
I am not able to do some thing like <lib refid="required.jars"/> where the
"required.jars" refers to a union of filesets.
This upsets me because again I have to list the filesets here to resolve all

the jars into WEB-INF/lib dir.

Right now what I am doing is to copy all the jars to a temp dir and refer
to that dir in the <lib> tag and remove the temp directory afterwards.
But it would be nice if the <lib> tag takes union reference.

Or does anyone know anything that allows me to accomplish the same thing
without copying all the jars to a temporary directory first? I know
ant-contrib
has something like pathtofileset. But does ant have something out of the
box?

Thanks in advance.

Haiqi.