ant-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: email question
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 00:48:56 GMT

Chun-

way too many necessary details she is hiding from you to determine what the exact problem
is

you need to specify smtp server, pop3 server, authentication details
in other words one wrong entry and nothing works
and if she has a firewall setup you have even more problems

as she has the necessary details to get this task operational my advice is to work out these
details with her

Good Luck,
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
within this transmission.

> Subject: email question
> Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 09:43:38 -0800
> From: CJi@pro-unlimited.com
> To: user@ant.apache.org
>

> Hi follows,
> I have an ant script that runs perfectly on a linux machine. The last step of that script
is to send out the output by email.  The ANT script I have is:
> "
> <target name="sendemail">
>       <mail from="someone@somewhere.com"
>             tolist="..."
>             subject="Script Output"
>             messagemimetype="text/html"
>             messagefile="output.html"/>
> </target>
> ".
>
> Now my boss told me that SHE is going to copy everything to a new staging machine to
run the script. Do you see any reason this "sendemail" part not working, such as firewall
limit ?