ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mitch Gitman" <>
Subject scriptdef unable to load an Ant API class
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 05:30:58 GMT
I have a *scriptdef *to do some customization of the *javadoc *Ant task.
What I want to do is pass to the *scriptdef *a tag element precisely like
the tag element that can be a child of the javadoc task element. The class
that corresponds to the tag element is *Javadoc.TagArgument*.

Below is the relevant passage:
    <scriptdef name="manipulate-javadoc-script" language="beanshell"
      <element name="tag" classname="**" />

When I invoke this, though, I get the following:
Class not found:

Here's the more detailed error output:
--- Nested Exception ---
        at Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(

At first I thought the problem had something to do with the classpathref being
used. But if I change the element's class to a more recognizable class, it
gets accepted. See below:
<element name="tag" classname="" />

Anyone understand why *Javadoc.TagArgument *is invisible to that classloader
while other Ant classes *are *visible?