ant-user mailing list archives

From "Loic Decloedt" <Loic.Declo...@arm.com>
Subject RE: Preserving file permissions with <copy> task
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 13:35:16 GMT
I indeed did not read this section until the end pages notes. Sorry for this.
I wanted to ensure that no advanced solutions exist.

Thanks,
Loïc

-----Original Message-----
From: reno.rkcrew@free.fr [mailto:reno.rkcrew@free.fr]
Sent: jeudi 8 janvier 2009 14:13
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Preserving file permissions with <copy> task

Loic,

check out this:

(from the copy task)
Unix Note: File permissions are not retained when files are copied; they end up
with the default UMASK permissions instead. This is caused by the lack of any
means to query or set file permissions in the current Java runtimes. If you need
a permission-preserving copy function, use <exec executable="cp" ... > instead.

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/copy.html

regards,

supareno