ant-user mailing list archives

From Francis Galiegue <>
Subject Re: ant for and foreach tasks use them or not
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:55:47 GMT
Le lundi 12 janvier 2009, patrick wyss a écrit :
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> >
> > Yes, the Ant way is to write a custom task, or more generally the Ant
> > way is to move the iteration into a task rather than have it external.
> >
> this is probably the way to go...
> and on a second thought i think it is a clean and fast solution that should
> be implementable in a days work...

It may be so if you are familiar with the Ant API and Java. What's more, if
you were to write a custom task for this, would it be as generalized as

And... And...

The more it goes, the more I'm skeptical about this "different development
model" schism between ant and ant-contrib. If the ant-contrib project is as
dead as it sounds, why not salvage the code and be done with it? Or is there
also a license compatibility problem?

Francis Galiegue
Ingénieur système
Mob : +33 (0) 6 83 87 78 75