ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shashidhar Kotta" <Shashidhar.Ko...@ness.com>
Subject Passing multi-byte strings from ANT using <sysproperty> task
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 07:12:03 GMT

Hi All,

In our project we have requirement to pass multi-byte strings from ANT to java program. We
are passing multi-byte strings using the <sysproperty> ANT task. In the java program
we are retrieving it using the System.getProperty() method and saving that value to a text
file which is in UTF-8 format. But the proper multi-byte string is not getting saved into
the file. Could someone help me in resolving this issue?

In the ANT file we are passing the multi-byte string like this: “<sysproperty key="com.param1"
value="ђmỘnяỘỆ" />”

In the java program we are retrieving the string like “System.getProperty(“com.param1”)”.

We are working on Windows environment with language pack installed and using the Eclipse which
has "text file encoding" property set to UTF-8. Could someone help me in resolving this issue?

Thanks in Advance…

Thanks,

Shashidhar Kotta.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it.   It may contain confidential
or legally privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by forwarding this email to MailAdmin@ness.com
and then delete it from your system. Ness technologies is neither liable for the proper and
complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay
in its receipt.