ant-user mailing list archives

From Rez <pon...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Passing multi-byte strings from ANT using <sysproperty> task
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:48:25 GMT

Not sure if your problem with the exec task was resolved or not but from your earlier example
I see that the syntax of your exec command is wrong as you cannot directly invoke a batch
file directly within Ant and have to pass it to the system command first, see the exec's examples:

RE: Passing multi-byte strings from ANT using <sysproperty> task> Date: Thu, 11 Dec
2008 15:57:39 +0530> From: Shashidhar.Kotta@ness.com> To: user@ant.apache.org> >
> Hi,> > I have tried with your ANT code but it is displaying ?m?n??? only.> >
Here is the simple java code which I am using.> > OutputStreamWriter bos = new OutputStreamWriter(new
FileOutputStream("D://testoutput.txt"),"UTF-8");> String username = System.getProperty("com.param1").trim();
file -?m?nя??> > > Thanks,> Shashidhar Kotta.> > -----Original Message----->
From: Greg Roodt [mailto:groodt@gmail.com] > Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 3:42 PM>
To: Ant Users List> Subject: Re: Passing multi-byte strings from ANT using <sysproperty>
task> > Ok, could you send me a simplified version of your Java code that is writing>
the data to a file?> Does this work correctly for you?> > <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?>> <project name="encoding-test" basedir="." default="echo">>
<property name="com.param1" value="ђmỘnяỘỆ" />> <target name="echo">>
> > > On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Shashidhar Kotta <Shashidhar.Kotta@ness.com>
> wrote:> > >> > Hi,> >> > You mean Unicode escapes sequences
like '\u0012'?> >> > We have tried by passing the Unicode escape sequence like>
> > "<sysproperty key="com.param1" value="\u0012" />"> >> > But when
we call System.getProperty("com.param1") it is just giving us the> > same escapes sequences
like '\u0012'.> >> > Surprisingly if we set this inside the java program(like
the code below)> > then it is printing proper multi-byte character:> >> >
System.setProperty("com.param1", "\u0012");> > System.out.println(System.getProperty("com.param1"));>
>> > Thanks,> > Shashidhar Kotta.> >> > -----Original Message----->
> From: Greg Roodt [mailto:groodt@gmail.com]> > Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008
2:03 PM> > To: Ant Users List> > Subject: Re: Passing multi-byte strings from
ANT using <sysproperty> task> >> > This is a guess, but try using the Unicode
escape sequences for your> > sysproperty.> >> >> >> > On Thu,
Dec 11, 2008 at 7:12 AM, Shashidhar Kotta <> > Shashidhar.Kotta@ness.com> >
> wrote:> >> > >> > > Hi All,> > >> > >> >
to> > > java program. We are passing multi-byte strings using the <sysproperty>>
System.getProperty() method and saving that value to a text file which is> > in>
> > UTF-8 format. But the proper multi-byte string is not getting saved into> >
the> > > file. Could someone help me in resolving this issue?> > >> >
this:> > > "<sysproperty key="com.param1" value="ђmỘnяỘỆ" />"> >
with language pack installed and> > > using the Eclipse which has "text file encoding"
property set to UTF-8.> > > Could someone help me in resolving this issue?> >
> > The information contained in this communication is intended solely for> >
the> > > use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others> >
> authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally> > > privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you are> > > hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any> > > action in reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly> > > prohibited and may be unlawful. If
you have received this communication> > in> > > error, please notify us immediately
by forwarding this email to> > > MailAdmin@ness.com and then delete it from your
system. Ness> > technologies> > > is neither liable for the proper and complete
transmission of the> > > information contained in this communication nor for any
delay in its> > > receipt.> > >> >> > Disclaimer> >>
> The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the> > use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others> > authorized to receive
it. It may contain confidential or legally> > privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient you are> > hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or taking any> > action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly>
> prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in> > error,
please notify us immediately by forwarding this email to> > MailAdmin@ness.com and then
delete it from your system. Ness technologies> > is neither liable for the proper and
complete transmission of the> > information contained in this communication nor for
any delay in its> > receipt.> >> > Disclaimer> > The information contained