ant-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Cambray (BlueXML)" ...@bluexml.com>
Subject Ant : Very slow on Vista
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 16:21:25 GMT
Hello,
I searched and web and don't find a lot of thing for my problem so I
come to you to know more about this.

I word on a project with different people having different kind of
installation (Linux, Mac Os, Xp, Vista) and we have a very slow ant task
on Vista's computer. A task that take 1 minute on Mac OS, XP or Linux
will take more thank 7 minutes on Vista.

I tested with ant command line or from Eclipse, it's equal. And with -v
option I see that all task are speed but the task end for 2 or 3 seconds
and restart for 1-2 seconds, with task manager I see my CPU work (to
25%) then nothing, 25%, nothing, ...

I tested on Dual Core laptop (4Go RAM) and single core computer (2Go
RAM) under Vista : both are slow.

I see here ( http://marc.info/?l=ant-user&m=122048687204453&w=2 ) that
some people have same problem (but I found only this one, so maybe not
all people under vista?).

Anyone have seen this?

Thanks

Eric Cambray