ant-user mailing list archives

From <dave.alvar...@remanresource.com>
Subject Re-installed Eclipse, now Ant won't run
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 16:01:20 GMT
I just re-installed Eclipse 3.4 (Win XP) with Ant 1.7.  Something is wrong with my environment
(I'm thinking) because I'm not able to run even a simple build script, like the below.

<project name="test" default="echotest" basedir=".">
	<target name="echotest" description="build production ear">
		<echo>Hello all</echo>
	</target>
</project>

When I run this through the Ant perspective, the console indicates that the process kicked
off, but hangs and never terminates (notice the red terminate button is active) -- http://screencast.com/t/ZSZY6BXHYKm.

My gut tells me this has something to do with my environment but I don't know what to check
or where the problem is reported.  Any ideas where to start?

Thanks, - Dave