ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nan Null" <null....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Classpath with a path located on a distant server
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:02:15 GMT
Add to Martin's suggestion, if none of his solutions fits your case,
then you can always look into class loader.  A class loader can load
classes from anywhere, so that will guarantee to work.  If you define
a task, here's a snippet I got off the net:

<taskdef name="isolatedLoader"
classname="org.gradle.api.tasks.util.IsolatedLoader"/>
<isolatedLoader ref="loader">
      <classpath path="....."/>
</isolatedLoader>
<taskdef name="task name" classname="class name" loaderref="loader"/>

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com> wrote:

> if you want to browse you will need an directory access mechanism such as ActiveDirectory
for Windows
> http://www.serverwatch.com/tutorials/article.php/1474461
> or Samba for Unix
> http://www.samba.org/
> (you will need to supply the authentication credentials)
>
> you can always try scp
> http://www.hypexr.org/linux_scp_help.php
> or sftp
> http://www.cae.wisc.edu/linux-sftp
> (provided you have the authentication credentials)
>
> Martin
> Disclaimer and confidentiality note
> Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business of Sender.
within this transmission.

>> Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 14:35:01 +0000
>> From: the_little_smurf@yahoo.fr
>> Subject: Classpath with a path located on a distant server
>> To: user@ant.apache.org
>>
>> Hi everybody!
>>
>> Excuse me to disturb.
>> I would like to know if I can use Ant to build classes using library, classes located
on distant server without importing them. I.E. is it possible to set a classpath with a path
located on a distant server?

>> PS: Perhaps this is a Java issue and not an Ant one. I don't even know if I can set
a distant path for java compiling purpose without using Ant...