ant-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "David Weintraub" <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use Ant to Compare file and directories
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:01:25 GMT
Does this have to be an ant task? There's no real ant task that can do
this, but it is possible to write a Unix shell script that will unpack
jar files, and then use the "diff -r" command to recursively go though
the two directories. (Some systems don't have the "diff -r". Instead,
you can use dircmp).

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com



On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:48 PM, minifish <katrvu@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> yes
>
>
> Scot P. Floess-2 wrote:
>>
>>
>> Do you mean a file by file comparison starting from a directory working
>> down?
>>
>> On Tue, 25 Nov 2008, minifish wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>> This is just a general question. I'm new to ant.
>>> Any idea I use ant to compare too installs?? :,(
>>> for example, tell user the file size and directory difference.
>>> --
>>> View this message in context:
>>> http://www.nabble.com/Use-Ant-to-Compare-file-and-directories-tp20688353p20688353.html
>>> Sent from the Ant - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Scot P. Floess
>> 27 Lake Royale
>> Louisburg, NC  27549
>>
>> 252-478-8087 (Home)
>> 919-754-4592 (Work)
>>
>> Chief Architect JPlate   http://sourceforge.net/projects/jplate
>> Chief Architect JavaPIM  http://sourceforge.net/projects/javapim
>>
>> Architect Keros          http://sourceforge.net/projects/keros
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
>>
>>
>>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Use-Ant-to-Compare-file-and-directories-tp20688353p20689299.html
> Sent from the Ant - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org


Mime
View raw message