ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <>
Subject RE: smoke testing after ant?
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:05:16 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: jpyork []
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 9:40 PM
Subject: Re: smoke testing after ant?

> jpyork schrieb:
>> I am just wondering if anyone does automated smoke testing after a build
>> and
>> if so...what program do they use and do they have ant triggering it?  I
>> am
>> looking to do a very basic smoke test after my builds and trigger it with
>> maybe a login and then hit some basic pages...that sort of
>> thing...anyone doing this already?
> some links to get you started =
> CruiseControl
> Luntbuild

I thought these programs were for building, I currently use PMease
(Luntbuild), but I don't really want to change the whole build
program...just looking for something to trigger after the build is deployed
to the app server.  Will the above programs actually login to a web app and
test say links on pages....

Tools like luntbuild are for more than just building.
I don't meant to change your whole build, just add the
smoke test part as final step of the workflow triggered
by luntbuild.

Somehow i missed this part of your posting =
"Will the above programs actually login to a web app and
test say links on pages...."

Either use WebCanoo as Jan already suggested,
or alternatively Fikin ant task, which has some tasks for
jakarta http client library =

Regards, Gilbert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: