ant-user mailing list archives

From Rez <pon...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: AW: token filtering
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:56:55 GMT

Great, thanks for your help> Subject: AW: token filtering> Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 06:54:36
+0100> From: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de> To: user@ant.apache.org> > >I use
couple of property files packaged into my war file > >destined for different environment
such as Development, QA, > >Staging, Production. I currently keep different versions
of > >each file for each environment having values specific to each > >env and
the 4 different build targets for each env refer to > >their own matching property files.
They're kinda getting out > >of hand, having muliple copies of each file! I would like
to > >keep one version of the files with the changing environment > >values replaced
with tokens and during the compile based on a > >flag or value being set, such as if
flag equal to QA, > >@ip.address@ should be replaced with qa.ip=ip.add.re.ss. How >
>is this possile without resorting to ant.contrib?> > <property name="flag" value="qa"/>>
<property file="${flag}.properties"/>> <property file="default.properties"/>>
> > default.properties contains ALL values.> qa.properties contains the values which
DIFFER from the default one.> stageB.properties similar.> flag would be "qa" or "stageB"
and load the specified file.> If flag is something else where you havent any properties