ant-user mailing list archives

From Rez <pon...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: AW: AW: token filtering
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 20:03:47 GMT

That's great, thanks. That's what we really need, more examples. Some of the current examples
are too vague or for very advanced users.> Subject: AW: AW: token filtering> Date: Wed,
12 Nov 2008 06:44:53 +0100> From: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de> To: user@ant.apache.org>
> I added a new example in the manual> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ant/core/trunk/docs/manual/CoreTasks/property.html?revision=712948>
> ---8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<---->
<property environment="env"/>> <property file="${user.name}.properties"/>>
<property file="${env.STAGE}.properties"/>> <property file="build.properties"/>>
> This buildfile uses the properties defined in build.properties. Regarding to the environment
variable STAGE some or all values could be overwritten, e.g. having STAGE=test and a test.properties
you have special values for that (like another name for the test server). Finally all these
values could be overwritten by personal settings with a file per user. > ---8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<---->
> Do you think that clarifies that?> > > Jan> > > > >-----Urspr├╝ngliche
Nachricht-----> >Von: Rez [mailto:pons32@hotmail.com] > >Gesendet: Dienstag, 11.
November 2008 21:57> >An: Ant> >Betreff: RE: AW: token filtering> >>
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 06:54:36 +0100> From: > >Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de> To: user@ant.apache.org>
> >I use > >couple of property files packaged into my war file > >destined
> >for different environment such as Development, QA, > >Staging, > >Production.
I currently keep different versions of > >each > >file for each environment having
values specific to each > > >>env and the 4 different build targets for each env
refer to > > >>their own matching property files. They're kinda getting out >
>> >of hand, having muliple copies of each file! I would like > >to > >keep
one version of the files with the changing > >environment > >values replaced with
tokens and during the > >compile based on a > >flag or value being set, such as
if flag > >equal to QA, > >@ip.address@ should be replaced with > >qa.ip=ip.add.re.ss.
How > >is this possile without resorting > >to ant.contrib?> > <property
name="flag" value="qa"/>> > ><property file="${flag}.properties"/>> <property
> >file="default.properties"/>> > > default.properties contains > >ALL
values.> qa.properties contains the values which DIFFER > >from the default one.>
stageB.properties similar.> flag would > >be "qa" or "stageB" and load the specified
file.> If flag is > >something else where you havent any properties file, the>