ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: how to deal with localised properties?
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 12:52:38 GMT

>>If i want to load different properties file depending on the
>>locale how is this handled? Basically, does ant support the
>notion of a
>java
>>resource bundle?
>
>AFAIK there is no direct support for that.
>If you can get the current locale into a property you could load the
>file with
>   <property file="messages_${locale}.properties"/>
>
>Because I havent worked with I18N I cannot say anything to loading
>Locales ...
>(maybe can see something in the docs ...)

System property
  "user.region" : The two-letter country code of the default locale
  "user.language" : The two-letter language code of the default locale

System properties are available as Ant properties, so
  <property file="messages_${user.region}_${user.language}.properties"/>

  <property file="messages_${user.region}.properties"/>
  <property file="messages.properties"/>
should work.

Jan