ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: external tasks configuration question
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2008 07:40:12 GMT
You should ask that on the IDE list.
Ant starts in that form:
  1. run the launcher batch file (ant|ant.bat|ant.sh)
  2. that runs the Ant launcher (ant-launcher.jar) with a minimal environment (java, classpath)
  3. that launcher adds the given classpath extensions (-lib, lib-directories) to a new ClassLoader
  4. the launcher starts the AntMain implementing class (default is Main)
  5. AntMain parses other parameters, initializes the project, parses the buildfile and creates
an Executor
  6. the Executor runs the build

External Ant runners can start Ant as they want. Maybe directly the Main-class. Then they
provide the environment for themself. In Eclipse you can configure that environent via "External
tools configuration".

Jan