ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: AW: token filtering
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 05:44:53 GMT
I added a new example in the manual
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ant/core/trunk/docs/manual/CoreTasks/property.html?revision=712948

---8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<----
  <property environment="env"/>
  <property file="${user.name}.properties"/>
  <property file="${env.STAGE}.properties"/>
  <property file="build.properties"/>

This buildfile uses the properties defined in build.properties. Regarding to the environment
variable STAGE some or all values could be overwritten, e.g. having STAGE=test and a test.properties
you have special values for that (like another name for the test server). Finally all these
values could be overwritten by personal settings with a file per user.

Do you think that clarifies that?

Jan