ant-user mailing list archives

From Tom Robinson <yacht...@gmail.com>
Subject ant and sudo
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:23:21 GMT
I need to run an "exec" task with superuser privileges but I've run
into two problems with two different approaches:

1) Running "sudo ant" doesn't give me access to my user environment
variables.

2) If I do <exec executable = "sudo" ><arg value = "actual_command" /
 ></exec> it works, but only if I've entered my password for sudo
recently... I can't enter the password for sudo through ant (I have to
hit enter twice, then it says "Sorry, try again", at which point if I
enter it again it *sometimes* works).

Resolving #1 would be ideal, and negate the need for resolving #2. I'm
on Mac OS X (Leopard), if that matters.

Thanks in advance.