ant-user mailing list archives

From Wascally Wabbit <>
Subject Re: smoke testing after ant?
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:06:15 GMT
jpyork wrote:
> I am just wondering if anyone does automated smoke testing after a build and
> if so...what program do they use and do they have ant triggering it?  I am
> looking to do a very basic smoke test after my builds and trigger it with
> maybe a login and then hit some basic pages...that sort of
> thing...anyone doing this already?

I actually use Ant and various Ant extensions themselves combined
with various *Unit frameworks. Have also written "monitor hooks"
into web applications (e.g. 'ping' or 'stat') that can be run
using a JSP or servlet that an Ant script can call and evaluate.
Have you looked at items like HttpUnit, FITNesse, etc.? Largely
depends on what kind of "smoke tests" you're doing...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message