ant-user mailing list archives

From Wascally Wabbit <wascallywab...@earthling.net>
Subject Re: smoke testing after ant?
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:06:15 GMT
jpyork wrote:
> I am just wondering if anyone does automated smoke testing after a build and
> if so...what program do they use and do they have ant triggering it?  I am
> looking to do a very basic smoke test after my builds and trigger it with
> ANT...so maybe a login and then hit some basic pages...that sort of
> thing...anyone doing this already?

I actually use Ant and various Ant extensions themselves combined
with various *Unit frameworks. Have also written "monitor hooks"
into web applications (e.g. 'ping' or 'stat') that can be run
using a JSP or servlet that an Ant script can call and evaluate.
Have you looked at items like HttpUnit, FITNesse, etc.? Largely
depends on what kind of "smoke tests" you're doing...

-TheWabbit