ant-user mailing list archives

From Gilbert Rebhan <>
Subject Re: smoke testing after ant?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:02:28 GMT
jpyork schrieb:
>> some links to get you started =
>> CruiseControl
>> Luntbuild

> I thought these programs were for building, I currently use PMease
> (Luntbuild), but I don't really want to change the whole build
> program...just looking for something to trigger after the build is deployed
> to the app server.  Will the above programs actually login to a web app and
> test say links on pages....

A build can be triggered in several ways, f.e. only manual or when
someone checked in something ... etc.

Why not combine your build with a smoke test right afterwards - that's
the way what tools like CruiseControl are normally used for !?

The bunch of actions that run after the trigger has been pulled is up to
you, f.e. do a build only, do a build and deploy afterwards, do a build,
deploy and publish to sourceforge ...etc.

Regards, Gilbert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message