ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Ant Tasks programmatically - SignJar Tasl
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 12:49:15 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Nov 2008, Daniele Development-ML <daniele.dml@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Now, I get another exception, which seems somehow related to ant
>> libraries - this is my understanding.
>
> Not really.
>
>> Exception in thread "main" jarsigner returned: 1 at
>
> means the native jarsigner executable invoked eby Ant xited with exit
> code 1, which means an error occured while running it.  It also means
> that Ant was able to invoke jarsigner.
>
> If you were running the same task with the same attributes inside Ant,
> you should get the command line when running in verbose mode.  You
> don't seem to have set up any loggers/listeners so it's hard to tell
> where your log messages end up now.

Here's some example code to set up the logging in a project when
embedding Ant

http://antbook.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/antbook/examples/sections/extending/ch18_extras/embed/src/org/antbook/embed/Embedded.java?revision=1.3&view=markup

Some of that code is something we should really pull into Ant to make it
easier; some EmbeddedProject you create to remove  effort. What do you
think, Stefan?

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/