ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError in custom task
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 13:30:02 GMT
Andre Dantas Rocha wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to create a custom task that make some transformations using
> Javassist (actually, this is my first Ant task). The task is very simple,
> but can't figure out why it always produces a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
> (since the corresponding jar is in the path as message shows).
> I'm running inside Eclipse
> The code is below, could anybody help me?

0. try outside eclipse first
1. have the exceptions include the classpath path in their text; it
makes it easier to see what is wrong.
2. check you have the spellling of the class to load right;
3. check you have all other classes it needs on the classpath right too

Steve Loughran
Author: Ant in Action

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: