ant-user mailing list archives

From "Patrick Waugh" <ptwa...@gmail.com>
Subject configuring a builder
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2008 21:06:19 GMT
I use Mercurial (Hg) for revision control, and Ant for build control,
and I want to know what is the best way to setup so that a "Builder" I
am creating does not have to be modified or re-created each time I
"clone" a repository.

Here is how I am working.  I setup a new code project's workspace here:

    ~/public_html/repo/dib/

and the project name is:

    dib_8800

This project's directory is an hg repository, but later I might clone
it and end up with something like this:

    ~/public_html/repo/dib/dib_8800-dev
    ~/public_html/repo/dib/dib_8800-stable
    ~/public_html/repo/dib/dib_8800-v1.0

representing three "branches" of the project.  There is a build.xml in
each, and, of course, an:

    .externalToolBuilders

directory where the "Builders" info is stored.  Now when I create a
builder, I can "browse file system"" to select the build.xml, but then
when I clone this branch to a new branch, the path to it is hard
coded, and so breaks the builder.

Which var and how should I use it to create the builder so that it
doesn't break when I clone a new branch?

Patrick