ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with C++ includepaths - Can I use wildcards? make a external repository list?
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:49:12 GMT
> It seems as though import wont help as I get the following error when trying
> to replace all the lines with a file and an <import> statement.
>
> build.ant:23: cc doesn't support the nested "import" element.

Sorry, I assumed you knew about Ant's import. It can only be used at
the top level of a build file.

CppTasks supports defining named compiler/linker configurations (with
nested includepath and all), which you'd put into a common build file,
that you'd import from all your 40 component build files, in which
you'd reuse the named configs inside <cc>. That's what I was referring
to.

That's what I did to build projects with many different shared
libraries I needed in mixed Java/C++ development. But that was several
years ago, and a different job. An ex colleague on this list might be
able to share some of this stuff, although by now it may have been
replaced. --DD